Pacific Indemnity is a boutique underwriting agency specialising in professional risk insurance products.
Launched in September 2015, Pacific Indemnity is led by Jun Acance who previously led the CGU Professional Risks business unit for over 15 years and is joined by a group of respected expert individuals who have vast experience and knowledge in the professional risks space. Meet the team.
The quality of our product and the security of our insurance partners and our service ensures a market leading offering
- Above average product offering.
- Market competitive rates. We pass on most of our efficiency savings achieved through use of technology for transacting business.
- Easy to deal with – We have designed our systems and our processes to facilitate ease and efficiency of transaction.
- Fair and predictable claims management.
Better long-term outcomes
- We will assist intermediaries and their insured clients to reduce their exposure through risk management education.
- High quality financial security – the insurance products we offer are backed by quality security such as IAG with its ‘AA-‘ S&P Financial Strength Rating* and Zurich Australian Insurance Limited
Our insurance products
- Professional indemnity
Pacific Indemnity’s high quality economical service comes from our pure focus on professional risk insurance products and related product and insurance risk policies.
- Construction Professionals PI Cover
Specialist PI policy for construction professionals – including architects, engineers, surveyors etc
- Health Care Malpractice Cover
Specialist PI policy for health care professionals and institutions – excluding doctors
- Information And Communication Technology PI Cover
Specialist PI policy for Information and communication technology consultants
- Specific Project D&C PI Policies
Specialist PI cover for Design and Construction contracts
- Multi-Media Liability
Specialist PI cover for Multi-Media Services
The Professional Insurance professionals
In a specialist field it pays to work with knowledgeable and experienced people. Pacific Indemnity working in partnership with respected insurers with quality S&P ratings. Our expert team is there to assist you. Meet our team.
The in depth indemnity specialists
Pacific Indemnity’s high quality, cost-efficient service comes from our pure focus on professional risk insurance and related insurance risk policies. Our specialist insurance portfolio includes:
- Professional Indemnity
- Primarily miscellaneous professions
- Financial services professionals
- Medical malpractice for health care professionals and institutions
- Construction Professionals, including architects, engineers and surveyors
- Specific project D&C policies
- Multi-Media Liability
- Employment practices liability policies
- Public liability as part of PI (ie as a packaged product)
- Broadform Public & Products Liability (stand alone product)
The Pacific Indemnity difference: quality service and mutually profitable outcomes
Our goal is to provide brokers with intelligently conceived above average solutions at market competitive premiums.
Hand picked team
Our service is personalised and delivered by expert underwriters who have in depth experience and knowledge in professional risk underwriting and legal and claims management. They are supported by a diligent accounts and support team.
Meet our team:
- Jun Acance | Managing Director
has over 30 years of professional risk insurance experience expert underwriting knowledge and previously and successfully Managed CGU Professional Risks for over 15 years
- Andrea Skan | Senior Underwriter & Systems
has over 25 years experience in underwriting and provision of training in Professional Risks products, a degree in Biological Science and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Steven Duckworth | Business Development & Underwriter
joined us in 2016 with professional lines insurance broking experience and other general insurance claims background
- Daniel Ireland | Senior Underwriter – Liability
has 20 years experience in General Liability insurance underwriting roles and prior as a broker. Such roles include Underwriting Manager – Liability (Corporate Southern) at Allianz and most recently at CGU as Underwriting Manager – Liability Vic
- David Hamilton | Senior Underwriter
has over 25 years Underwriting, Development and Consulting in Australian Financial Lines markets largely Professional Indemnity. Experience with Allianz and HIH and the inaugural Pacific Indemnity. Specialist capability in Medical Malpractice and Infrastructure, Construction sectors
- Sharmella Perera | Project Manager
has over 25 years experience in the insurance industry including roles as call centre Team Leader, Project Manager and Business Analyst for insurance systems developments
- Lauren Sephton | Accounts
has over 25 years industry experience and 19 years in Professional Risks as Accounts manager
- Daniel Troy | Legal & Claims Manager
was admitted to practice as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2014 and the High Court of Australia in 2016. He was an Associate for Chief Judge PM Wolfe AO before working as a litigator at Norton Rose Fulbright and a Legal & Claims Manager at CGU Professional Risks
- Lucy Ballment | Administration Assistant
is our enthusiastic Administration officer who is keen to assist
- Lea Acance | Compliance
highly regarded and experienced in large corporations such as Telstra and Shell
- Edward Rawnsley | Business Development Director
has over 30 years experience in the insurance industry, the majority of this time has been either broking or underwriting Professional lines
- Helen Walpole | Senior Underwriter
joined us in our Brisbane office in February 2020 & has over 20 years experience underwriting Professional Indemnity/Financial Lines insurance as well as previous Broking experience. Most recent prior role as a Senior Underwriter with CGU Professional Risks in Sydney from 2013-2020
- Steven Lau | NSW Manager
has come to us with over 20 years’ experience in the insurance industry with roles in underwriting professional risks through to leadership roles. Steven has joined us as NSW Manager and Senior Underwriter
- Robert Beaton | Senior Underwriter
with over 45 years professional risk insurance experience including 8 years as CGU Professional Risks Product & Underwriting Manager
- Simone Oakman | Senior Underwriter
has over 20 years experience in Professional Indemnity insurance in both administration and underwriting roles, most recently 11 years at Vero as Professional Lines Commercial Underwriter
- Amanda Fung | Senior Underwriter
has joined us in our Sydney office as a Senior Underwriter and has over 20 years’ experience in the insurance industry as a professional risks underwriter. Her most recent prior role was National Professional Indemnity Product Specialist at AIG
This hand picked team has some quality security behind them in the shape of Pacific Indemnity’s insurance partnerships – including with IAG and Zurich Australian Insurance Limited.
We will develop exclusive relationships with partner brokers and will develop an agreed portfolio underwriting approach and will work with the partner broker to increase revenue through new business acquisition assisted by improved and efficient processes.
Partner brokers will benefit from:
- Our holistic portfolio underwriting approach.
- Win/win approach
- Best systems available to create efficiency benefits for broker and insured
- A real time on-line quoting system for more than 250 professions
- The breadth of our appetite for occupations
- Our insurance capacity (limits)
- Our highly skilled underwriters and good systems to assist brokers to grow new business
- Our agility and responsiveness to the brokers needs
- The high quality financial security of our insurance partners
- The quality of our products to the benefit of their insured clients
- The extensive knowledge and experience of our underwriters
Specialised risks for all brokers
In addition to we will deal with all brokers on specialised risks for:
- Large (over $5m fees) Construction professionals (architects, engineers and surveyors)
- Large D&C (over $100m in turnover) and Project PI risks
- Large Insurance intermediaries and Financial Advisors (over $100m in turnover)
Brokers will benefit from:
- The extensive knowledge and experience of our underwriters
- Our ability to tailor fit cover and our long term view on risks